New Home Construction – 8 Things to Look For
December 1, 2020
When paying a company to build your home.it’s a must that you ensure that everything is being built according to your needs and desires. New home construction isn’t something to take lightly. You pay a lot for the home so you need to be positive that you hire a reliable, reputable, quick, and talented company to build you your dream home http://www.newhomebuildersdirectory.com.au/.
As the consumer you need to ensure that they will pay careful attention to detail, it’s crucial that the company you choose works with you and explains the whole process every step along the way to your brand new home.
Some of the things that you need to look for are:
1. Windows and doors – All windows and doors need to open and shut all the way without creaking, and without sticking or binding.
2. Foundation – There cannot be any major cracks, very small hairline cracks are OK, but anything that is actually noticeable may indicate possible future issues with your foundation.
3. Siding, trim, etc. – There needs to be smooth lines, even paint, filled in holes, everything must be streamline, no bunching or bulging.
4. Dry wall – no seams, you shouldn’t be able to see where a new sheet of drywall begins at all, ever. If you can see things like seams or bumps the company did not do a very professional job.
5. Ceiling – Always check out the ceiling for dark spots or stains, these may indicate leaks in the roof.
6. Floor – There should be no floor creaks anywhere in your new home; floor creaks indicate careless floor installation.
7. Stairs – All of the stairs in your home should be uniform and of the same height. Uneven steps can be a major risk for injury.
8. Paint – All paint should be even, smooth, and uniform. Your home will look very sloppy if this is not the case.
These are just a few of the things that you need to look at before selecting your custom home builder, obviously it is a very important decision to make so be sure that you choose a reputable company that will meet your needs. Always ensure that your “dream” home is actually a dream come true. Don’t waste your time and money on a new home that doesn’t meet or even exceed your expectations.
22/45 Lancashire Drive Mudgeeraba Queensland Australia 4213
Ph: 0414 658 075
Region: Gold Coast Queensland Australia